Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Divide and Conquer

I'll be totally honest and let you know that I hate housework. With a passion. A HUGE passion. Now it's not that I don't want my house to be clean, I just don't want to be the one to have to clean it. There are certain aspects in every marriage where spouses argue.. the one that stands out in my marriage? You guessed it HOUSEWORK!!! My husband and I both work full time and while he "technically" works more hours for which he is paid, I do more of the "mama" work. Case in point: I do almost all the laundry, when my husband needs clothes for work he does do a load of wash, but of ONLY his clothes. Last time I checked there were three other people in this house who need to wear clothes. Preferably clean ones. I take the kids to and from daycare so while my "real" job doesn't actually start until 8am and ends at 4pm, I'm up and out the door by 6:40am and home no sooner than 5:20pm. Did I mention that I also get those two little grumpy morning people (I mean RAYS OF SUNSHINE) dressed every morning? My husband has apparently an allergy to loading or unloading the dishwasher (that seems to be reserved for me since he will WASH the dishes by hand before he will unload the dishwasher). He doesn't empty the diaper genie, instead he will leave hints for me that it's full(the diapers on top of it) Well now that I've gone off and stepped up onto my soapbox of things my hubby doesn't do, I should point out that hubby does a majority of the cooking (because in all honesty I'm not very good at it and he likes his cooking more than mine), he painted my kitchen, dining room, living room, and bedroom all by himself (I went shopping), he's installing my lighting fixtures in my kitchen and dining room (I'm going shopping) and he's a wonderful father and I love the fact that my children's faces light up when they see him. I just want him to empty the dishwasher!!!!

No comments: