Friday, February 26, 2010

Christmas can be free.......

It is known about me that I can be a very frugal person. I don't like spending money I don't have to. That doesn't mean that I have a lot or a little of it. It means that I have enough to live a life I want to comfortably. One of my goals this year is to not spend a lot of money out of pocket on Christmas. My family is HUGE so this is a big deal (I have 5 nephews and a niece, a goddaughter and her brother and soon to be determined sibling, a best friend, my kids, my parents, my in-laws, and oh yeah did I mention that I also have 2 nephews, a niece, a Dad, and my son's birthday thrown into the month of December as well? 1st, 20th, 26th, 30th, and 31st.....whew.) I would love it if there really were trees made of money that I could just go and "borrow" from whenever I felt the need but since there isn't I look at alternate ways to avoid having to use those priceless pennies. A few of the ways that I "earn" cash (it's not even really cash but giftcards since they are so much more practical for me) is through a variety of rewards sites. Here are a few that I enjoy and have worked very well for me over the year. Be careful on a couple because there may be limitations to how much you can redeem in a month (make sure you read the terms and conditions if you're not sure)

Swagbucks- Swagbucks is a search engine like Google but this search engine allows you to get swagbucks when you search and accrue bucks. Then when you're ready you can redeem those for prizes such as $5 Amazon gift cards or $5 Paypal cards. There are other ways to win on swagbucks and the administrators do a great job of offering out random codes to earn more. Every Friday is Mega Swagbucks day where you have a chance to earn even more than usual. I would suggest signing up for all the possibilities for them as there are often codes lurking in the blog, newsletter, twitter, and their facebook page. Make sure you read the conditions on this one as there are certain things you are expressly prohibited from doing (such as tweeting an actual code or posting it on your fb page or blog) and they will cancel your account. Head on over here to see what new things are going on with Swagbucks 3.0

Mypoints--- I love mypoints. I've been a member since 2006 and have traded in points for numerous giftcards. Mypoints sends out emails (that you pick the amount you want) and just for looking at them you can earn 5 points. They also have the mypoints daily deal that allows you to shop from their site and earn points per dollars spent. This year I'm stockpiling my points until probably October when I'll start redeeming them so I can utilize the giftcards for birthday and Christmas gifts. If you are interested in this please leave me a comment with your email address so I can send you the invite.

Inbox Dollars - This is another one that I've been a member of for awhile. It is basically what it says. They send you emails you click through them and typically you'll earn a couple cents. There is a $5 sign up bonus and when you're ready you can cash in. You do have to have $30 in your account to request a check but still they will send you a $30 check. This works similar to mypoints in that they send you emails to read and you can also earn money by shopping through their site. If you are interested in this one check out the right hand side of the blog for the graphic that will take you to their site.

There are several others out there these are just a few of the ones that have worked very well for me. And who doesn't want something for nothing?

######################### FCC DISCLOSURE ########################

To the FCC dude who might be looking at this. No I didn't receive any compensation from anyone for posting this. These are all my own opinions and thoughts.

No comments: