Saturday, February 9, 2008

I grew up

This just became apparent to me the other day. I am a grown up. An adult. A mother. A wife. And I just realized this the other day. The other day when my dad sent me an email and asked what I wanted for my birthday. So I told him I had to think about it and I would get back to him. I thought and thought and thought. And couldn't come up with one single thing that I wanted. I could think up stuff that I could get for Emily, or the hubby, or the house but nothing for me. And that's when I realized, I've grown up, when other people come before me, when I think about what my daughter, husband, or house could need before I can think of something that I want for my birthday. I'm not a little kid anymore or a teen ager or even a young adult, I'm almost 29, I've become a full fledged adult with responsibilities that don't just affect me anymore. And I'm okay with it, happy even.

No comments: