Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow day

I use to think that snow days were great. No school, all that fresh snow to go sledding in, make snowmen and snow angels, but somehow that hasn't carried through into my adult life. Maybe it's because I know that if I take a snow day I also have to give up one of my precious vacation days or maybe it's because when I go to work it's almost like a little break from my life. I don't have to worry about cooking, cleaning, laundry or even that adorable 2 year old who is hanging onto my leg. It's almost a sort of escape, to escape just for 8 hours to a place where I'm not the one in charge, I'm not the wife or the mother or the CEO of my family. Someone else is in charge and it's kind of nice. Don't get me wrong I love my life and my family but sometimes I think that escape is needed. If I could go back in time and not change one thing that has happened so as not to take away all that God has blessed me with, I think I'd go back to a snow day.

No comments: