Monday, June 14, 2010

Ugh, this makes me sick

This article is all about what is wrong with today's society. This woman is striving to become the world's HEAVIEST!! She is a woman who is the mother to two children ages 3 and 14 and is in my opinion eating herself into an early grave. What kind of an example is she setting for her children? I will freely admit that I struggle with body image issues every single day. But when I gave birth to my daughter I decided that I wanted to be around for her WHOLE life and made a pact with myself to eat better, exercise and do everything in my power to make sure I was setting a good example for my children and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Within this article it states (near the bottom) that she suffers from Type 2 diabetes (which most of the time can be controlled by diet and exercise) and has difficulty with basic tasks such as cooking and showering. I don't want to be at the point where I can't take a shower because that would mean I also couldn't do things like push my kids on a swing or go down a slide with them. I think that she's doing this for all the wrong reasons. She also says that after a friend died of complications from gastric bypass surgery she decided to quit dieting and weight pills and eat what she wanted. It's fine to indulge every once in a while but charging people to watch you chow down on greasy food and walk to your car is a seriously impaired person's desperation for attention. If her fiancee truly loved her and she truly loved her children, she would take care of herself to ensure that she was there for all the monumental moments of their lives.

No comments: