Wednesday, October 7, 2009

AL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS!!!!

Most that know me, know that I am originally from Minnesota and a big fan of the Minnesota Twins. Especially when my dad used to take us to games in the Metrodome and watching my favorite player of all time #34 Kirby Puckett and being able to be in the state when they won the World Series in 1987 and 1991. Two years in a row now the Twins have come from behind to force a one game play off to enter the playoffs within the American League. Last year was a heartbreaker as the Twins lost to the Chicago White Sox 1-0. This year no one thought they would be able to catch the Detroit Tigers who had a 3 game lead heading into the last 4 games of the season. But with an amazing (17-4) record for the month of September my beloved Twins forced a playoff in the Metrodome. I must say that when Miguel Cabrera hit that hot 2 run shot off of Baker my heart sank a little but the way the Twins stuck with it and kept answering runs with runs of their own reminded me a little of how this game is supposed to be played. With a lot of heart. Both teams played with a tremendous amount of heart rallying from being down one run each and eventually forcing extra innings. In the end it was the Twins who came out on top 6-5 in the bottom of the 12th inning on a single by Alexi Casilla that scored Gomez from 2nd. I think that both teams played last night like the players of yester year and each would have deserved the win. Congratulations to the Minnesota Twins. Everyone else please pray for my hearing as my hubby is a NY Yankees fan (as is the rest of my in-laws) and it should be interesting in our household starting tonight.

No comments: