Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What I learned this week

Ok so I'm so totally late again with my WILTW but whatever.......


The NYC What I learned this week edition:

I learned that unless you want to be run over by a taxi that you pay attention at crosswalks

I learned that the Empire State Building is magical even during the day with the tourist groups and student groups it's still awe inspiring to get the view of Manhattan and to remember what the original workers finished in just over a year and WAAAAAYYY under budget

I learned that Grand Central Station is just what Marty from Madagascar said "It's Grand and it's Central". It was beautiful to see Jackie O's vision put to canvas per se

I learned that it is entirely possible to walk off all the bad food you eat and the alcohol you consume while in NYC since you walk EVERYWHERE, I think I dropped 7 pounds this weekend

I learned that even if you are not Catholic you cannot NOT see the beauty and love and spirituality within St. Patricks Cathedral

I learned that nothing I cook will ever come close to the food I had at Umberto's in Little Italy

I learned that 5 women can still giggle like school girls when out and about for dinner

I learned that my sisters in law (those women above) are amazing and I had a wonderful weekend with them in NYC.

But the most important thing I learned was that as much fun as I had and as much as I needed a break from my life nothing beats the smiles and hugs I got from my babies upon my return....

What did you learn this week?

Head on over to Musings of a Housewife for more What I Learned This Week

No comments: