Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SAG Awards honor Betty White

I am a huge fan of Betty White. Have been since I was about 7 years old and watched "The Golden Girls" for the first time. I immediately was drawn to the Betty White character of Rose Nyland for the simple reason that she spoke about St. Olaf and I knew where that was. It is still one of my favorite shows to watch in reruns on Lifetime and WE tv.I bought the "Mary Tyler Moore show" DVD set so I could see Betty White in it. I watched "Boston Legal" because she was in it. And now I am contemplating watching the "Bold and the Beautiful" because she has a stint on it. So I was ecstatic to read that the Screen Actors Guild was going to honor her with the Lifetime Achievement Award and even more delighted when I read that Sandra Bullock (my other favorite actor) was going to present it. I think Sandra Bullock was great in her introduction of Betty White and that the SAG did a great job showcasing Betty White's career. The only thing I don't understand is how it took 60 years for her to get this.

1 comment:

Lindy in the Kitchen said...

I have to agree! The Golden Girls is one of my favorite shows of all time. I used to watch it as a kid because my grandmother loved it and as I get older and understand more of the brilliance of the show I love it too! MMT is a great show too - I always loved the way she dressed. :)