Friday, October 12, 2007

AMAZING!!!

My best friend got married last weekend to an awesome man. Our trip started off okay my family and I had a flight that left at 6am which meant getting up at 3 to get the the airport before 5. Not too bad. Got to Minnesota at about 9:30, my Dad picked us up and drove me to Missy's (the bff) so we could go to the tailor to alter my dress. To my (much appreciated) surprise all they had to do was take in the chest a bit, after that stop it was off to the reception site to get everything all decorated for Saturday. It was a lot of work but a totally good cause we had some limited help on Thursday (just three of us during the day) then her Dad and stepmom (awesome people) came out to help us and Missy's friend from hs Melissa which again was an amazing help. After being awake for 20 hours Missy let me go home and get some sleep. The day started all over again bright and early Friday but we did slip in a relaxing and needed mani/pedi before the big rehearsal. Comes down to the BIG day on Sat and we are off with the bridesmaids for hair and makeup. Can I just say that Molly who did my hair did an awsome job. Most of us got up do's and she must have used about 100 bobby pins but when I felt about 4 of them break during the middle of the ceremony my hair never moved. It was so cool to be a part of this with her. We get to the reception and due to my increased drinking of champagne during the ride over I forgot what my original speech was so I winged it. Adam (the groom) said it was good so I'm hoping everyone else thought so as well. What the bottom line was is I've seen every relationship Missy has been in but I've never seen the look of true happiness on her face that I see when she talks about Adam. And he's an amazing guy. He's so in love with both her and her daughter. So as I ended my speech.....Mis, Congratulations you found your soul mate.

No comments: