Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why I think my kid is smarter than the average two year old

My daughter is 2. She just turned 2 in April and for the longest time has loved watching the PBS show Arthur. Granted I think most of it is over her head since it's geared for a kindergartner or higher grade level but she enjoys it and learns some cool stuff too. Case in point on Tuesday night I was making her dinner of Macaroni and Cheese (which she LOVES) and she says to me "I hate macaroni and cheese" I reply no you don't and please don't say hate, she shoots back "No mommy binky hates it" and I must have looked at her with my what are you talking about look because she rolls her eyes puts her hands on her hips and says "Binky on Arthur". And I wanted to V8 slap my own head because she was right. A week prior we had watched an episode where Binky explicably says "I hate macaroni and cheese".
My kid is smarter than a two year old. Sometimes I think she's smarter than her mother.

No comments: