Monday, November 20, 2006

A new day, A new dilemma

My husband took my car to get the brakes changed. Now I own a little Saturn SL. One of the early models. I've owned it for 7 years and have never had the brakes done. No one ever told me I should. Kind of like when I had to get the transmission fluid flushed. No one ever told me I had to get that done. I can honestly say that I didn't even know the transmission had fluid. Now I am not by any means "dumb" when it comes to cars. I know how to change my own oil and how to change a tire. But no one ever told me about the transmission fluid. As a testament for my driving capabilities though I would say I'm pretty damn good seeing as how I haven't had to have the brakes done yet. But now it comes to having to get them done and of course I need all four brakes done and the total is $483 dollars. For brakes!! Is it just me or does this seem like a bit much to anyone else out there? Oh and now my husband just called to say that he had to get new tires on as well so now the grand total is $785. That is just outrageous to me. Maybe I should learn how to be a mechanic.

No comments: